Door Renew focuses on refinishing wood and fiberglass doors with a focus on the Front Entry Doors. Our process will make the Door look brand new and is done at a fraction of what it costs for a brand new front door. At Door Renew, door and wood refinishing is our specialty; it’s all we do.
Our Process of making doors new again
1. Strip Existing Door – Temperature and humidity fluctuations, exposure to the elements, and damaging UV from the sun can destroy a door’s finish. In order to restore a door to its original beauty, the door must first be stripped down to naked wood or fiberglass.
2. Sand to Perfection – With the old finished removed, the door is prepped to receive a new finish. This is done through meticulous sanding to remove blemishes from the old coat. Damaged areas are repaired. The surface is then cleaned thoroughly to remove all residue, oils, and dust.
3. Stain Door – A new coat of stain is applied to the raw door to restore the vibrant natural look. We use high-quality stains such as Old Masters, Mohawk, and General Finishes.
4. Marine Grade Finish – We seal all of our doors with at least 5 coasts of a high-build, top quality, marine-grade varnish which contains UV filters. This is equal to roughly 10 coats of traditional varnish. Then we apply a high-quality finish coat. This results in a marine-grade finish that will withstand the constant beating of the elements.
- Door Renew refinishes wood and fiberglass doors, Front Entry Doors, side doors, and Interior doors
- We have a wonderful niche that saves customers lots of money
- Very Fragmented Industry – competition is mainly selling new expensive doors
- Area Developer Model - Franchisee owns the entire market and develops multiple vehicles in the market
- Small flex office space of 2,500 square feet
- Total Investment for a single-vehicle market is $150,000; more for larger markets
- All territories are Area Developer – there will be a vehicle requirement based on population
Three types of Owners:
- Franchisee Investor – Franchisee acts as “Investor” – Corporate Management company manages the business for the Franchisee
- Semi-Absentee Ownership – Franchisee can keep their job / Manage the manager, run the budget, proforma and oversee the company
- Full-Time Owner Manager - CEO role / Manager